- November 8, 2018
- Red The Consultancy Europe Ltd
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs
- Vessel type:
Our client requires a Ship Manager to join their Projects Department based in the US (East Coast) The Ship Manager will be expected to prepare and agree Shift Handovers / Daily Reports and present to Trades/Project/Nightshift Managers whilst also ensuring that work being carried out is being done in accordance with offer/specifications and guide production Foreman/Subcontractor accordingly As the main point of contact for production related activities on the vessel, you will also be required to monitor safety, encourage the development of a Safety culture and maintenance of the safe working environment. Further responsibilities will include
- Monitor/Review with Trades, the progress of works and report to Project Manager/Planning for inclusion in PM’s daily meetings. Where and as required by the Project Manager provide written reports of same.
- Intervene in resolving issues of priority/support between trades in order to maintain momentum of progress in line with project objectives.
- Oversee the works being carried out by yards appointed subcontractors.
- Carry out inspections of New Works (Variation Orders) and provide/coordinate provision of Variation Orders request to Project Managers including identification of scope, resources required and time to complete the works. Where required, assist in writing up variation orders.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the ship repair or ship building industries.
- Knowledge of ship repair.
- Basic Project Management skills.
- Computer savvy with excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and Problem-solving abilities
- A professional trade qualification or completion of an apprenticeship and experience as a tradesman in the maritime sector.
- Educated to high school level or above.
Remuneration Package on Offer
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Deck Officer Jobs (43)
- Deck Rating Jobs (18)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (53)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (5)
- Catering Rating Jobs (14)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (60)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (30)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (11)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (4)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (6)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (1)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (0)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (5)
- Offshore Jobs (41)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (3)
- Other Offshore Jobs (33)