Project Manager (Shipyard)
- November 8, 2018
- Red The Consultancy Europe Ltd
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs
- Vessel type:
Project Manager required to coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects whilst ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. The Project Manager, who will be based in the US (East Coast), will develop detailed project plans to track progress, measure project performance and will manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders involved. You will be fully responsible for the technical and commercial aspects of each ship repair project. Further responsibilities include:
- Project labour management and control.
- Project sub-contract management.
- Project plant and equipment management.
- Project material management.
- Achievement of financial targets for each project.
- Maximising customer satisfaction
The Successful Applicant
- A technical background with a minimum Higher National Certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 10 year’s experience in the ship repair or ship building industries; OR a minimum of 7 – 10 years as a ship owner’s technical representative; OR 10 – 15 experience as a Chief Engineer at sea.
- Fully conversant in the techniques required for production/resource planning and budget/cost control.
- A self-starter with the ability to operate on own initiative and with the capacity and motivation to frequently work indeterminate hours.
- Strong leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and customer awareness.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Fully cognisant of the importance of inter-departmental support
Remuneration Package on Offer
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Deck Officer Jobs (43)
- Deck Rating Jobs (18)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (53)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (5)
- Catering Rating Jobs (14)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (60)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (30)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (11)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (4)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (6)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (1)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (0)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (5)
- Offshore Jobs (41)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (3)
- Other Offshore Jobs (33)