Project Engineer – Environmental & Decontamination
Job Description Project Engineer with Stork:
To provide operational and technical project engineering expertise in support of the delivery of the specified project team and wider Stork business objectives.
This role requires interaction with internal colleagues of various levels, external parties and clients within the offshore industry. They are expected to oversee their part of assigned projects from initiation through execution, to close out.
The key attributes of this role are to build strong relationships across the business. The ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail and a structured and resourceful way of working is essential.
Tasks And Responsibilities As Project Engineer:
- Understand and agree the scope of work with the client.
- Define a technical solution in a scope of work document.
- Compile an estimate for the job
- Awareness of HSEQ regulations, requirements and legislation.
- Compliance with company HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Specific knowledge and experience of
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Task Based Risk Assessment (TBRA)
- Occupational Health
- Assist the project manager during incidents and accidents, including reporting and investigation.
- Support quality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Support continuous improvements and act on lessons learned.
- Assist with the tracking of all the risk management processes.
- Support quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Assist the project manager to ensure the training and competency processes are adhered to.
- Ensure the competence of the manpower assigned to the project meets the scope requirements.
- Compile an accurate method statement compliant with the appropriate standards and specifications to determine how the scope should be carried out.
- Collate information from other technical disciplines to develop the work pack/instruction.
- Define the materials, plant, equipment and consumables required to execute the work.
- Define the disciplines and level of competence required to execute the work.
- Provide information on risks and mitigation actions in general, and specifically with regards to occupational health.
- Liaise with Stork planning and supplying departments and provide information on the activities that comprise the overall scope, including disciplines, levels of competence and duration for the development of a planning schedule.
- Ensure the required plant, equipment, PPE, consumables and materials are shipped on time, and check that it is returned on time.
- Liaise with the client planning department with regards to progress of the work scope
- Assists during personnel pre-mobilisation brief to ensure personnel fully understand the scope of work.
- Remain involved in the progress and execution of the job, and help resolve any technical and planning issues that may arise.
Requirements For Project Engineer:
At Stork we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements For Project Engineer:
GCSE or Higher education and have completed an appropriate level of technical competence.
Qualified or working towards a Degree in mechanical engineering
Experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industry
Relevant industry experience
Previous experience in a project engineering role in the Oil and Gas Industry
Knowledge of range of services Stork does and can provide to the client
Knowledge of Stork and/or client Business Management Systems
Stork is a dynamic, international and rapidly growing organization. We offer a highly competitive salary and an extensive package of fringe benefits. Next to this we attach great value to personal development of our employees and therefore offer a wide range of education programs and have a strong focus on accompaniment and knowledge sharing and transfer.
Location: Dyce, Aberdeen
Hours: 40 hours
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; REACH Beyond Zero. Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
Our culture and people:
As a knowledge-based integrity management company our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and shared values underpins everything we do. By caring for the development of our people, who are proud to contribute to Stork’s high performance culture, we provide a positive, dynamic and supportive working environment. In turn, this aids in the enhancement of our employees’ personal development as well as career opportunities and advancement. As part of our team we will strive to help you achieve your greatest potential.
- Deck Officer Jobs (63)
- Deck Rating Jobs (22)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (62)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (9)
- Catering Rating Jobs (25)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (82)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (16)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (1)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (1)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (10)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (1)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (0)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (3)
- Offshore Jobs (77)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (3)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (7)
- Other Offshore Jobs (63)