Career Development Officer (Deck)
We are looking for Career Development Officer for deck crew for our client in Glasgow. This is an exciting position for the right candidate to be part of a large global organisation aiming to manage the career development of the deck crew within the LNG fleet.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent organisation skills and able to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to engage with junior and senior officers regarding career development.
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Applications.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable engaging with a diverse work force.
- Familiar with industry regulations and operation of LNG Vessels.
- Treat safety and environmental compliance as a top priority.
- Maintain and update progress of deck officers regarding promotion recommendations, SCOPE reports, time in rank and pre-promotion prerequisites.
- Maintain database and produce regular report to senior management of timeline of projected/anticipated key dates for promotion/development of deck officers.
- Liaise with Fleet Personnel Manager and Recruitment Lead to ensure the fleet maintains operational capability regarding deck officer manpower requirements.
- Conduct and record SCOPE/Career Management calls/meetings with deck officers.
- Liaise with Fleet Personnel Manager and select officers for study leave programme to obtain higher Certificate of Competency.
- Based on SCOPE reports/interviews liaise with training department to identify which officers require courses/training.
- Continually review training courses (deck) to ensure they are relevant and updated to the requirements of the fleet.
- Manage course feedback records and audit training centres as required.
- Using all sources (External Navigation Review, SIRE, PSC, Internal/External Audits) ensure deck officer profiles are updated and identify gaps/risk as required.
- In conjunction with Lead Marine Personnel Officers – schedule deck officers for promotion/command interview.
- Maintain knowledge of the legislative training requirements and ensure that training courses comply with existing and new requirements.
- Work closely with the Training Centre Manager and LNG Instructor to ensure Deck Officer competencies are continuously maintained and updated.
- Provide support during new hire induction programme.
Remuneration Package on Offer
Competitive Salary and benefits package.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Deck Officer Jobs (63)
- Deck Rating Jobs (22)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (62)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (9)
- Catering Rating Jobs (25)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (82)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (16)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (1)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (1)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (10)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (1)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (0)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (3)
- Offshore Jobs (78)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (3)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (0)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (7)
- Other Offshore Jobs (64)